The Rock, aka Dwayne Johnson, is one of the world’s most recognized and prosperous superstars. Johnson, best known for his appearances in action films, is also a shrewd businessman with a varied portfolio of assets.
A 46-acre horse farm in Gordonsville, Virginia, is one of his most renowned holdings. The farm, which is located just outside of Charlottesville, has a 13,728-square-foot Georgian-style mansion, a 2,500-square-foot guesthouse, a swimming pool, tennis courts, an equestrian center, and a barn.
Johnson paid $3.4 million for the property in 2014. The ranch serves as far more than simply a place for residence for Johnson.
It is a place for him to catch up with his family and friends. It is also a location where he can teach his children the value of hard work and family values.
Let’s take a look at the magnificent property!
Who is Dwayne Johnson?
Johnson was born in Hayward, California, on May 2, 1972, to Ata Johnson and Rocky Johnson, previously an elite wrestler. He is of mixed race, with African-American and Irish ancestors on his father’s side and Samoan ancestors on his mother’s.
He spent a brief period of his childhood in Grey Lynn, Auckland, New Zealand, with his mother’s family, where he practiced rugby and attended Richmond Road Primary School before returning to the United States.
Johnson’s family suffered financially and relocated frequently when he was a youngster. He was driven from his house multiple times and went to 11 different schools over 13 years. He claims that as a youngster, he was arrested several times for stealing and cheque fraud.
His Football Career
Johnson’s life changed once he joined the football team at Freedom High School in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. He developed into a superb defensive lineman and received a scholarship to the University of Miami.
Johnson was a Miami Hurricanes football player from 1991 to 1994, and he was a member of the squad that won the national title in 1991.
Johnson signed with the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League after graduating from college. He was fired from the team after only two months.
Becoming a World-Class Wrestler
Johnson therefore chose to follow in his father’s footsteps and pursue a career as a professional wrestler.
Johnson changed his ring moniker to The Rock and developed a villain image in 1998. He went on to become one of the most successful wrestlers of all time, capturing the WWF and WCW championships eight times each.
Career in Acting
Johnson started her acting career in 2002. He made his cinematic debut in Mummy Returns (2001) and has since been in several notable films, including The Scorpion King (2002), The Fast & Furious trilogy, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017), and Moana (2016).
Johnson is one of the world’s most well-paid artists. He has twice been named one of Time magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World.
Johnson is married to Lauren Hashian, and the couple has two kids. He is also the father of a girl from a previous relationship.
Johnson is a businessman and philanthropist. He founded the Dwayne Johnson Rock Foundation to help children and families in need. In addition, he owns the production business Seven Bucks Productions.
Johnson’s Gordonsville House
In Gordonsville, Virginia, Dwayne Johnson owns a 46-acre horse farm. He paid $3.4 million for the property in 2014.
A 13,728-square-foot Georgian-style mansion, a 2,500-square-foot guesthouse, a swimming pool, tennis courts, an equestrian center, and a barn are all part of the property. The mansion features seven bedrooms, ten bathrooms, and a two-story library.
Johnson’s house is a Georgian-style mansion with white brick and black shutters on the outside. The house has a noble aspect and is bordered by trees and a well-kept lawn.
The house has a classic design with modern touches. It boasts high ceilings, hardwood floors, and large windows that allow plenty of natural light to flood the space.
The kitchen has a contemporary design with stainless steel equipment and granite worktops. A huge island, a breakfast nook, and a walk-in pantry are all included in the kitchen.
The Drawing Room
The drawing room is a huge, formal space that features a fireplace and a grand piano. With fine furnishings and artwork, the space is designed classically.
The Living Room
The living area is spacious and cozy, with a fireplace and a huge TV. The room is modernly designed, with comfy furnishings and artwork.
The Bedrooms and Restrooms
The bedrooms are all spacious and pleasant, with private bathrooms. The master bedroom features a private terrace as well as a walk-in closet. All of the bathrooms are contemporary in design, featuring marble countertops and walk-in showers.
Dwayne Johnson’s Gordonsville, Virginia home has a mix of classic and modern design elements. The property is elegant and pleasant, and it is the ideal setting for him to unwind and relax with his family and friends.
- A 13,728-square-foot Georgian-style mansion
- A 2,500-square-foot guesthouse
- A swimming pool
- Tennis courts
- An equestrian center
- A barn
- A movie theater
- A gym
- A game room
Other Properties Owned by the Celebrity
|Beverly Hills, California
|17,630 sq ft
|Southwest Ranches, Florida
|13,153 sq ft
|40,000 sq ft
|New York City, New York
|4,500 sq ft
Famous Tourist Spots to visit in the Region
Here’s a list of tourist locations to visit in the vicinity of Dwayne Johnson’s Gordonsville Residence:
- Monticello: Thomas Jefferson, the 3rd President of the United States, lived at Monticello. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of Virginia’s favorite tourist sites. The residence is 20.4 miles away from Johnson’s house and takes roughly 30 minutes to drive there.
- Ash Lawn-Highland: James Monroe, the fifth president of the United States, lived at Ash Lawn-Highland. It is a National Historic Landmark and one of Virginia’s most popular tourist spots. The residence is 20.3 miles away from Johnson’s and can be reached in around 31 minutes by car.
- James Monroe Museum and Memorial Library: The James Monroe Museum and Memorial Library is a museum and library committed to the life and memory of James Monroe, the United States’ fifth president. The museum is 46.3 miles from Johnson’s residence and takes around 1 hour and 3 minutes to drive there.
- Barboursville Vineyards: The winery Barboursville Vineyards is located in Barboursville, Virginia. It is one of Virginia’s most prominent vineyards and offers tours and tastings. The winery is 16.8 miles from Johnson’s residence and takes around 28 minutes to drive there.
- Luray Caverns: The Luray Caverns are a cave system in Luray, Virginia. It is one of the most extensive and popular cave systems in the United States. The caves are 45.7 miles from Johnson’s home and can be reached by automobile in about 1 hour and 5 minutes.
- Dwayne Johnson, a well-known actor and entrepreneur, has a 46-acre horse farm near Gordonsville, Virginia.
- A 13,728-square-foot residence, a 2,500-square-foot guesthouse, a swimming pool, tennis courts, an equestrian center, and a barn are all part of the property.
- Johnson paid $3.4 million for the property in 2014.
- The house has a classic design with a contemporary touch.
- The property is tucked away and tranquil, surrounded by rolling hills and woodlands.