Tommy Lee (born Thomas Lee Bass on October 3, 1962) is an American drummer and co-founder of the heavy metal band Mötley Crüe. He also started the rap-metal band Methods of Mayhem and has worked on several solo projects.
Tommy Lee owns an estate in Calabasas, Los Angeles. The Estate is a large 10,000-square-foot mansion in a gated enclave.
Tommy Lee’s Calabasas home is exquisite and one-of-a-kind. It is ideal for someone seeking a house with everything, even a professional recording studio.
Let’s take a look at this estate in a bit more detail!
Who is Tommy Lee?
Tommy Lee Bass was born in Athens, Greece, on October 3, 1962, to an American father and a Greek mother. At the age of two, his family made the move to the United States.
Lee obtained his first drum set when he was four years old, but he didn’t seriously pursue drumming until he discovered hard rock and heavy metal in his adolescence.
Beginning of his Career
In 1980, Lee met Nikki Sixx, the bassist and co-founder of Mötley Crüe. The two instantly became friends due to their love of music and crazy lifestyles. Lee joined Mötley Crüe as a drummer, and his fast and flamboyant drumming technique helped form the band’s sound.
Mötley Crüe’s inaugural album, Too Fast for Love, was released in 1981. The album was an economic smash, and it served to establish the band as one of the pomp metal scene’s leading stars.
In the 1980s and 1990s, Mötley Crüe had a streak of hit albums, including Shout at the Devil (1983), Dr. Feelgood (1989), and Mötley Crüe (1994). Lee has explored solo projects and cooperated with various artists in addition to his work with Mötley Crüe.
In 1999, he formed the rap-metal band Methods of Mayhem, and he has two solo albums, Tommyland: The Ride (2005) and Andro (2020). Lee has also worked with musicians including Primus, Rob Zombie, and Alice Cooper.
Lee has had a lot of success as a drummer and musician. He has received a Grammy Award, has been named by Rolling Stone and VH1 as one of the most influential drummers ever, and has sold over 100 million recordings worldwide.
Lee is also a successful entrepreneur, owning a clothing brand, record label, and production firm.
Lee’s personal life has been turbulent. He has two sons from his four marriages. Lee has also battled addiction and has been jailed multiple times. He has, nonetheless, demonstrated incredible perseverance and has surmounted several hurdles throughout his life.
Lee is a captivating multifaceted character. He is an accomplished musician, a successful businessman, and a divisive personality. His ability, charisma, and devotion to music have inspired innumerable musicians and fans.
Lee’s Calabasas Residence
The façade is Mediterranean, with white stucco walls, red tile roofs, and wrought-iron balconies.
The interior of the house is as stunning as its exterior with a spacious living area situated in the living area.
The Living Room
The Living area is large and welcoming. It has a huge fireplace, a comfortable sectional sofa, and a large-screen TV. The room is also adorned with diverse and personal artifacts, such as Lee’s drum gear and artwork.
A chef’s fantasy comes true in Lee’s kitchen. It has a huge sitting island in the centre, stainless steel appliances, and granite countertops. The kitchen is likewise well-equipped with the most recent cooking devices and utensils.
The Dining Room
Lee’s dining room is a formal setting that can accommodate up to 12 people. A huge mahogany table, comfy seats, and a crystal chandelier grace the area. The dining area is likewise embellished with artwork and family pictures.
Tommy Lee’s Calabasas home has vast and elegant bedrooms. The master suite is especially magnificent, with its own private bathroom, walk-in closet, and balcony with spectacular city views.
The remaining bedrooms are similarly well-appointed, each with its own private bathroom and lots of storage space.
Lee’s bedrooms are all designed in a contemporary and elegant style. They provide comfy mattresses, high-quality linens, and attractive decor.
The bedrooms are likewise well-lit, with plenty of windows that let in natural light and fresh air.
Other cool features of Lee’s residence include:
- Home theatre: A projection screen, surround sound system, and comfy chairs are included in the home theatre. It is ideal for watching films, TV shows, or playing video games.
- Game Room: A pool table, arcade games, and a foosball table are available in the gaming area. It is the ideal location for having fun and relaxing with friends and family.
- Wine Cellar: The wine cellar is well-stocked with wines from all around the world. It is the ideal location for storing and enjoying wine.
- Gym: Treadmills, ellipticals, and weight machines are among the workout equipment available at the gym. It is the ideal location for being active and healthy.
- Swimming Pool and Spa: The pool and spa are situated in the backyard. They are ideal for cooling off on a hot day or relaxing in the Jacuzzi.
- Outdoor Kitchen: A BBQ, pizza oven, and refrigerator are included in the outdoor kitchen. It is ideal for cooking and entertaining visitors outside.
Other features of Lee’s home include a security system, solar panels, and a three-car garage.
Other Properties owned by the Musician
|Brentwood, Los Angeles, California||Private home|
|Nashville, Tennessee||Private estate|
|St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands||Private home|
|St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands||Private home|
Tourist Locations in the Vicinity
Here is a list of tourist spots to visit in the neighborhood of Lee’s Calabasas house. The distances of those tourist attractions from Lee’s house are mentioned in the brackets:
- Santa Monica Pier (15.5 miles): A popular tourist attraction including rides, games, and eateries.
- Getty Centre (12.5 miles): A museum of European paintings, drawings, sculptures, illuminated manuscripts, decorative arts, and photography.
- Griffith Observatory (14.5 miles): A public observatory with astronomy and space exploration exhibits. It also has spectacular views of the city and the Hollywood Sign.
- Universal Studios Hollywood (17.5 miles): A theme park with rides and attractions inspired by popular films and television shows.
- Hollywood Walk of Fame (16.5 miles): A pavement with approximately 2,600 stars honouring celebrities from the entertainment business.
- Malibu Beach (19.5 miles): A well-known beach with breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean.
- Six Flags Magic Mountain (21.5 miles): A roller coaster park including water rides and other attractions.
- Knott’s Berry Farm (22.5 miles): A theme park themed on the Peanuts comic strip, containing rides, performances, and attractions.
- Tommy Lee’s Calabasas home is a 10,000-square-foot estate in a gated enclave.
- The exterior is Mediterranean in style, and the interior is opulent.
- A large living area with a fireplace, a dining room, and a gourmet kitchen are all on the main floor.
- There are also six bedrooms, eight bathrooms, a home theatre, and a game area in the house.
- The professional recording studio is one of the house’s trendiest features.
- The house is in a superb location in Calabasas, with spectacular city views.
- There is also a swimming pool, jacuzzi, and outdoor kitchen on the property, which is surrounded by gorgeous vegetation.